installer doesn't work!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by lightkun10, May 14, 2008.

1. lightkun10

lightkun10 New Member

sorry if this was already asked, but I can't find a thread on this anywhere.

Today I went into installer, and it says" Insufficient Permissions Installer was not installed correctly. It should be run as root:wheel..." I've had my ipod jailbroken for a month now and it's never said this before. (I'm in FW 1.1.4 btw) Now, every time I try to install/uninstall something, it says "ERROR Main script execution failed!" I don't think I did anything to cause this. Anybody have any ideas on how to get installer working again?

Another thing too, a while ago, I turned my ipod on, and my calculator app (the regular apple one) and a few other third party apps were gone from my home screen. Any idea on how to get these back? (still need to fix installer first though!)
  2. whassuo

whassuo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's because you've gone over the 300MB

Just re-jailbreak
  3. lightkun10

lightkun10 New Member

isn't there a way to do it without rejailbreaking it though? I'd really rather not have to. Could I ssh into it and delete some themes? (probably what put it over the limit) Once I do that, i'll reinstall boss tools and relocate everything.
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Run this command to fix the permissions for installer

chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app

Then for the application space limit (Main Script Error), run the commands here

For all this, you need OpenSSH installed and set up or the terminal app. More info on SSH here

btw, Installer needs to have 4755 permissions also, so if it crashes, you need to run this command

chmod 4755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
  5. lightkun10

lightkun10 New Member

I go to run the permissions and it says

/private/var/Applications$ chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app
    dyld: Library not loaded: libarmfp.dylib
    Referenced from: /usr/bin/chown
    Reason: unsafe use of relative path libarmfp.dylib in /usr/bin/chown with setuid binary

What do I do?
    Sorry for the trouble, I really don't know what I'm doing. I appreciate all the help though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. lightkun10

lightkun10 New Member

I just put in the last command that you posted and by some miracle installer works again. Im moving files with bosstool now. (the other stuff you told me to do seems too complicated, so im just sticking with bosstools for now) Thanks a bunch for the help.

Any idea on what happened to my calculator though?
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Well, go into /Applications and see if permissions are correct, 755. If they are and it still doesn't show, then I would say just to delete it then replace it with the backups found here

The reset permissions and see if it reappears.
  8. wonkajh

wonkajh New Member

9. satine_01

satine_01 New Member

Help!

Hi, my touble is the following.

When i try to install an application, the installer doesnt do that. It says that the app is downloading, but a the moment when it must be installed, the installer sends me to the home screen. What can I do? I dont want to restore my Ipod again and again. Thank you
  10. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Take a look at this thread here and see if it helps you out.