installer doesn't... install

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by illusi0n, Jul 26, 2008.

1. illusi0n

illusi0n New Member

I just got my ipod touch and I successfully jb it on 1.1.4 firmware using ziphone. But for whatever reason it will not let me install any new apps. I go into installer and select anything and when I try to install it, an error message comes up that says that the package download failed. It's really starting to piss me off, I really wanna play gba and psx games. Any thoughts?
  2. EMForce

EMForce New Member

did you download anything at all, hows your wifi connection?
  3. illusi0n

illusi0n New Member

It let me download tap tap revolution, but that's it. The wifi works for youtube and safari, so I don't think that is the problem. On the top left of the installer and safari right next to where it says ipod and has the connection strength, there's a little rotating circle thing that only is on when it is searching for a web page on safari, but when I'm on installer it's always on. Could that be an issue?
  4. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

-clear all qeuoe
    -refresh sources
    -if that doesnt work, turn ur ipod off and on
  5. illusi0n

illusi0n New Member

Alright, everything is fixed. I was about to throw my ipod off my roof when I decided to restore it and jailbreak it again... except this time I used iliberty instead of ziphone. It works perfectly, not a single problem so far. Everything I couldn't do before, I can now do. If anyone is having trouble with package errors or random freezing while typing, do this and you won't look back.