Installer does'nt install and crashes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by henrilouis, Jun 13, 2008.

1. henrilouis

henrilouis New Member

Installer doesn't install and crashes [SOLVED]

Hi guys,
    I have got an issue with my installer.

First of all, I got an iPod Touch under 1.1.4 firmware jailbroken through ZiPhone.
    So that's the story, this morning, I wanted to install AirHockey so i launched the Installer searched for it and clicked the "Install" button, the package downloads but then the Installer shows "Installing package", the progress bar freezes and the Installer crashes, back to Spingboard, though, when I SSHed in my iPod, I saw tha a folder named AirHockey.app had been created in the Application folder so I restarted my Ipod and there was an icon "AirHockey" I clicked on it and the app seems to lauch but crashes immediatly, moreover, it is not under the unistall category of the installer !
    And it is the same for all apps I try to download.

Things I have tried :
    --> Replace Installer.app by another version downloaded on the web.
    Same problem occurs
    --> Restore the iPod
    The installer works for a while but after, same issue, I have now AirHockey installed but I can't install Touchpad Pro
    --> Set permissions to 0755 in the Installer.app folder
    Same issue
    --> Search a solution on this forum
    Nothing about that very problem

Apps I have downloaded recently that may have caused the problem (most recent to oldest)
    --> Siphon v1.9
    --> Nikotalkie
    --> THTouch

Thank you for helping, hope somebody's got the solution !

PS: sorry for my english, i'm not a native speaker.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Uninstall a few apps, and then install BossTool and relocate your applications.

lol.
  3. henrilouis

henrilouis New Member

Will try that and report but before that, i would like to add some more issue :
    As I wanted to install manually TouchPad Pro (i had a copy of it in my iPod Back Up folder), i tried to copy it right into tha application folder, most of the folder was copied with WinSCP but the main file named Touchpad (562 480 octets) was'nt entirely copied, WinSCP sends an error : "Error code : 4, asked code : 6, server message : failure", I watched in the Touchpad.app folder and noticed a file named touchpad.filepart (217 088 Octets)
  4. henrilouis

henrilouis New Member

Thank you for all, PROBLEM SOLVED !!!
    It was only that I had no more disk space !!

However, Bosstools wasn't able to move my apps but i moved the fonts and made already 83 Mb of free space !
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Yes, that's usually the problem when Installer crashes at installation. The small parition used for the OS and default apps gets filled with the apps you install, and you can move some stuff and set up symlinks to get more space.
  6. henrilouis

henrilouis New Member

Thank you Gitykins for your quick and precise help, this forum is really awsome !
  7. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

DAAHHH why do noobs never search or read stickies??!/1?1!??1?!!/
  8. ethan961

ethan961 New Member

Similar things may happen if the permissions are set wrong in your filesystem. You, and everybody, should install the SUID Lib fix to avoid any permission errors caused by apple's preparation for the SDK, which includes the changing from the main usage of the root (yikes) user to the mobile user.
  9. DarCNite

DarCNite New Member

i have a similar problem but when i gets to install it crashes completely and i get the opening apple logo and ipod starts back up but the application doesnt show up, i have the folders for the but app icon doesnt appear on my home screen. i tried uninstalling a few apps (uninstalled over 5 mb) and tried to install bosstool but didnt work. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!