Installer Does Not Open??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by keepup, Mar 16, 2008.

1. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have 1.1.1 right now. Everything was perfect until about yesterday and Installer wouldn't open. It crashes. Customize is fine, until I tap Reorder Icons or whatever and that crashes.

I've searched already, and people said it could be a few things.

1. Update my firmware.

Now, how do I do that? When I go to iTunes it wants me to update to 1.1.4, I don't think that is the best firmware now, so I don't want to.

2. Need more space.
    How do I free my space? On my space bar on iTunes it's not even halfway yet. If it's not that, how do I free up space so things will open up.

3. Something with my SSH.
    Call me a noob, but wtf is SSH and what do I do to fix my problem.

Thanks.
  2. jms_nov28

jms_nov28 New Member

1 - just update with regular, but it's better to back everything up and start as fresh with 1.1.4. once backed up restore ipod and it will bring you to 1.1.4 freshly installed, then download ZiPhone and jailbreak it, takes about 30sec-1min and voila you have a jailbroken ipod 1.1.4 and just download the apps.

2 - for more space download the app BossTool it's under installer, on a side note if you jailbreak a new fresh ipod download bsd and then bosstool, once bostool is downloaded just relocate font and it will free about 80-100Mb of space depending on your ipod. now you have more space to install apps. and why to do this? because your ipod is partitioned in two separate areas thats why, and your freeing up space on the partition that you install apps on.

3 - SSH is another way to access the files within your ipod, download CuteFTP or WinSCP (free). There are many tutorials on how to SSH into your ipod. SSH is another way to install apps on your ipod if you download an app directly onto your computer, also another way to add themes and such. You can change properties, it's simple to do but read the tuts to learn more on it.

good luck!

and what i would do is, just back up all your music/vids/pics/etc. and restore to 1.1.4 and use ZiPhone. Thats what I did to my ipod and its on 1.1.4 right now, though i downloaded the iSpazio source and installed the patch so it can let me download 1.1.3 apps onto my 1.1.4 jailborken ipod.
  3. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    another common cause for this is if you have FontSwap installer and you changed your system font. On 1.1.1 it will cause installer to crash.
  4. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Ahhh thats what I did! But I installed it two weeks ago, and then uninstalled it right away cause I didn't find it useful. So its taking affect now?
  5. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Double post.

Does this mean that I have to restore my iPod?? Because if I do that I will lose everything. Unless I back my stuff up. Now how do I do that. Can someone explain in noob language. Thank you.
  6. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  7. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I hope you guys don't ban me for keep on bumping this, but I really need an answer please.
  8. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  9. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can someone please just tell me what to do. I really need to know.
    I'm just thinking about restoring everything.

Can someone please tell me what is the cause and how can I fix it?

Thank you.
  10. x6blues

x6blues New Member

alright try changing permissions in installer to 4755, this should fix any crashes