Installer disk space message

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ghgarcia, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ghgarcia

ghgarcia New Member

I have a jail broken itouch 1.1.2 now everytime I add an application using the installer I get a message that I should remove some photos or videos because I'm low on space. I'm only using about 2gb of space on my 16gb unit. Not sure what is causing this problem or how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
  3. ghgarcia

ghgarcia New Member

Thanks for the response however when I run the installer it doesn't show the amount of space available for applications. I've only added three applications using the installer and the Iphone apps. No other additions.

Thanks
  4. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    the current installer does not display the amount of space you have for apps. but back to your original question. even though there's loads of space left on your ipod, the amount of space allocated to installation of apps is limited. so to overcome this limitation, you need to move the apps folder to another location and create a symlink to it. just follow the instructions in the link. i've done it. it works fine.
  5. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you're in installer 3, they dont show you how much space you have left.
  6. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    in previous version did they?
  7. ghgarcia

ghgarcia New Member

Thanks what application are you using to access the iTouch I'm using a windows system and I use ws-ftp to access using ssh. I attempted using telnet but could not connect. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
  8. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i used putty to ssh in. for copying files, i use winscp. i know that there is a mode to use winscp to ssh in as well. but this never worked for me. i don't know why. and use ssh mode. telnet mode won't work.

putty's free. google it.
  9. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i remember that one previous version of the installer did indeed tell you how much space was left. can't remember which version it was, though. if you look at the current installer, on the "Featured" section, there's a note about free space check/display is missing under the "Known Issues" area. so this clearly indicates that at one time, it did work.