Installer crashes when I download apps.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by bdawg923, Apr 4, 2008.

1. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think it's because I need to do that workaround because I don't have enough space left for apps. I looked it up and can't find a way to get around an error I keep getting with permissions. I am using WinSCP to SSH into my iPod. Could someone give me a simple rundown on what commands I should execute in order to get rid of the permissions error and then to get more space to install apps please?

By the way, this is the error I keep getting:
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I'm guessing you didn't install BossTool and move fonts, ringtones and apps like you were supposed to. So at this point you need to either uninstall with installer or manualy delete some apps so you can install BossTool and move them properly.
  3. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea, I did some more digging after I posted this and found out about BossTool. I always heard about BossPrefs (what is that app for btw?). So I was able to uninstall a few apps I had that I didn't use, installed BossTool and now it says I have 24mb/300mb whereas before it said 0mb/300mb available.

Question: some apps sizes say they're like 300kB right, so after they're installed is that how much they take up? Meaning I could install approximately 80 [since 24 mb is like 24000 kB/ 300kB per app] more apps of 300kB sizes? Or do they take up more space after an install?

Also, I have BSD Subsystem do I need the other BSD app that's available?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Did you use the Free Disk Space on BossTool and move all the fonts, ringtones, and apps? The other BSD Subsystem 2.0 Term Fix is for term-vt100. BossPrefs is to allow you to turn on/off OpenSSH
  5. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I used the move Applications part of Free Disk Space on BossTool. Should I move the fonts and ringtones too (I have no ringtones since it's not an iPhone)? Sorry I don't know what the term-vt100 means.

And the other question I had is some apps sizes say they're like 300kB right, so after they're installed is that how much they take up? Meaning I could install approximately 80 [since 24 mb is like 24000 kB/ 300kB per app] more apps of 300kB sizes? Or do they take up more space after an install?
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Bad move! You really need to move them in the order, fonts, ringtones, apps. Yes, people have installed even more than 80 if you so choose to have 100 lame apps you can do it.
  7. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can I undo it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

What happens if I do fonts and ringtones next?

It says WARNING: you should move ringtones and fonts before applications and make sure free disk space changes.

It did change after I moved apps, so does that mean it's safe to move fonts and ringtones even after Apps? If not, I don't mind just having the Apps folder moved.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Fonts take up a ton of room! Not sure why you didn't read that the first time!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Go ahead and move them all and I know you don't have ringtones.
  9. albert_$n

albert_$n New Member

reinstall your installer or restore your ipod
  10. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Umm, why?

Has anyone else moved Fonts/Ringtones after Apps and lived to tell about it? I don't want to mess up my iPod.