Installer Crashes On 1.1.3 When Opened: Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by hayor, Apr 18, 2008.

1. hayor

hayor New Member

I have an Ipod Touch, 1.1.3 firmware, 32GB. i still have 117MB left out of 300MB becos i already have BossTools moved my application, ringtones and font moved.

Recently my Installer starts crashing after showing a white page or the new installer home page. I have the latest version of installer also.

Please Help
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this happened to me because i had waaay too many sources... i had to restore, but if you eventually get onto installer, delete some sources..

hope this was helpful
  3. hayor

hayor New Member

Thanks man. i actually discovered another way of doing that....there is file Remote**** in the Installer folder under mobile. I backed up the file and deleted it off the touch. Then installer stopped to crash but my new problem is the main execution failed error.

I need help about that
  4. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I've been doing that for a long time now the thing is that when it's finish refreshing yo uexit the installer respring try to load installer again it'll crash and you'll need to delete that file again as for your main script execution error execute the following commands:

chmod -R 777 /Applications/Installer.app
    chmod 6777 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer

That should do the trick, it's just that there is too many things for the installer to load up at start up that basically causes a system crash. Check out it's usage on start up, max cpu and mem with crap load of sources and packages. I just use my application i created to have 2 installer profiles to split the amout in half so half the sources are in one profile and the other half in the other profile i'll release this app shortly. Will also be intergraded into the media center app upon release.
  5. hayor

hayor New Member

hey my new partner in crime...just kidding.....thanks for helping me out....im not actually a Newbie but a lil better off. I will try what you said now...are u still online?
  6. starfreak010

starfreak010 New Member

im running 1.1.4 and basically everything related to my installer doesnt work, i think its because i recently added a beta, when i get it back (im grounded) ill chack that out and tell u guyz

the beta is: simplify media or something
    programs that crash at open(for me): MiM Banner Installer and a few more.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

May say im amateur at iPod Touch but they dont know who their dealing with!!!