installer crashes during installation of apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by travis8_8, May 21, 2008.

1. travis8_8

travis8_8 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    !!! Omg, k. When I install something on installer,, when it starts to install it, it crashes! What do I do?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

I had the exact same problem, it crashed during the part that says "Installing package", correct? And I'd say you know how to use installer correctly because you've already downloaded and installed quite a few apps that work perfectly, right?

If so, then open installer, and go to uninstall. Find something fairly large (iPhysics, an SMB theme, I.E. something over 1MB just to be safe), and uninstall it. Then, go back out to install, and then select the Utilities folder, and find BossTool. Install it (it should work, if it doesn't, try uninstalling another thing as well), and then return to the home screen. Open BossTool, and select the Free Disk Space option. Move your Fonts first, and then (only on iPhone) Ringtones, and then finally Applications.

You should be set after that! BossTool moves the Applications folder to the section of the drive on the iPod or iPhone with most (80-90% or so) of the either 8, 16, or 32 gig storage, instead of the smaller drive that it is put on by default, which only holds 300 MB.
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    U SEARCH don't be lazy

4. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First things first:

1) check internet connection
    2) do a force restart
    3) do a search on iptf
  5. gasandfire

gasandfire New Member

delete all files that have anything to do with emulators. This is what I did and it works perfectly now.
  6. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

READ THE STICKIES AND WIKIS. Here is the fix, the above one is nonsense. Uninstall a few apps, totaling a minimum of 300kb. Then install bosstools from the bigboss repo. One done, open it and select all the options in free disk space. Fixed.
  7. Andrewistheshit

Andrewistheshit New Member

yea my boss tool dosnt work what do i need to move where so i can do this by hand in ssh