Installer Crashes Before Finishing Refresh

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by iPodTouchEdwards, Feb 20, 2008.

1. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

the name basically says it but ive tried all the fixes and nothing works, help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  3. iPodTouchEdwards

it was happening before that, i read that and i got rid off all my sources anf it still happens and it isnt in the middle its more 3 quaters of the way.

edit: i will try all sources cleaner, i cant because wont refresh cuz it crashes but i did unistall alot of uncatagried sources b4 out of instinct
  4. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ya read my last post edit
    did u update ultimate source
  5. iPodTouchEdwards

yeah...i just got rid of sh*t loads of sources and its finally doing it now

Please Register or Log in to view images

then i went to install ultimate sources....... just too confirm yes it is allipodhax sources, something is wrong with it
  6. yodatom

yodatom New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    still no real solution?
  7. oddjobbob

oddjobbob New Member

The refresh problem you are encountering may be different than the one I just solved. But what I did may help.

A bit ago, after reading about the 1.1.4 upgrade the the ziphones jailbreak I opened Installer to see if it was available. Immediately Installer started to refresh. After a few minutes, nothing inordinately long, an alert opened with this message:

Refresh Failed
    Cannot refresh sources!

I closed it with the OK button. Everything else seemed to work fine. I came to the forums and started searching. Several suggestiions were made to people with similar problems. I deleted ALL sources. Refresh failed. I turned off Wi-Fi. Refresh failed. I Turned Wi-Fi back on. Refresh failed. I started to initiate a new thread describing my problem and the steps I had taken to solve it when I realized that I didn't really know for sure if "everything else worked fine." I tried Safari and found I couldn't connect to Google or any other page.

I use a relatively old Qwest ActionTec wireless router. I have occasionally had to reboot when my laptop's wi-fi won't connect. I thought this might be the problem.

I shut down my iPod, unplugged the router, shut down and started my computer, started the iPod and plugged in the router.

On opening Installer rrefresh started immediately and finished as it normally always does.
  8. bjanssen

bjanssen New Member

I've had the exact same issues. I just bounced my router as per oddjobbob's suggestion and it also fixed my problem. This has me a little concerned. My router is brand new! Have I got a shonky router?
  9. timmychan

timmychan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    May not be, may just be conflict with other wireless connected