Installer crashes at installation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dsalehipour, May 30, 2008.

1. dsalehipour

dsalehipour New Member

Ok. So when i install something in my installer; it downloads, than it starts to install and half way through the installation, installer crashes and it returns me to my home screen. nothing refreshes and it doesn't show up anywhere but...... i can look for it in the app FileBrowser and i find it and when i open the application it only shows a .png picture and nothing else. I don't know if someone else has asked this already but i was wondering if someone can help out.
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    when you first jailbroke, did you use a good guide?
    bacause i think you need to first install Bosstool, library & Media symlinks etc.
    Try installing fixes aswell
    If nothing works (This as a last resort), restore+rejailbreak and follow each step of this guide - http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54152

hope this helps
  3. dsalehipour

dsalehipour New Member

well when i jailbroke it i used the old application called "IJailbreak" i still have the version 1.1.1 on my ipod and i am thinking of restoring it to another version. what version should i restore it to? 1.1.4? and what program should i use to jailbreak it? thank you for helping.
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes, restore to 1.1.4, download ziphone - www.ziphone.org, then once you have got it running, make sure your ipod is connected, then hit the button that says-

"Jailbreak, (iPod also Supported)"

Do not disconnect until ziphone tells you to, after you hit jailbreak, a lot of white text will come up on the screen (dont worry, this is ment to happen) when ziphone has finish jailbreaking you ipod and you are at the lock screen, slide to unlock and tada! you have jailbroken. Before you do ANYTHING, follow this guide - http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54152 STEP BY STEP

hope this helps

PS. When you go onto this guide, scroll down the the "Almost AUTOMATIC way" as it is much easier
  5. dsalehipour

dsalehipour New Member

thankyou, i restored my ipod and it is working great now. but i used another program, not ziphone or pwnage tool.