Installer crashes and iTunes thinks my iPod is an Iphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by novelo, Dec 2, 2007.

1. novelo

novelo New Member

Hello out there. I was wondering if anyone has already experienced the same things I am now or knows something about the solutions. I've installed and jailbreaked my iPod Touch with OS 1.1.2. Ever since I've changed the OS applications started to suddenly crash. Safari crashed every one or two minutes so I was constantly respringing to avoid the problem. After that other applications began behaving the same way. Afterwards, the App Tapp (installer) was unable to install anything. It crashes while installing a file. It downloads them and uncompress them but is unable to install them.
    And just a few minutes ago I connected the iPod to the computer and it says it is an iPhone, it even has a carrier and I get called every 5 minutes from *#*+12345# my iPod only says incomming call and has no method for hanging the call. Everytime that happens I have to reboot it. I haven't installed any software related to the iPhone so I don't know why this is happening. If anyone has any idea about what is happening I would be glad to know. Thank you again and... My last question is: if I choose to reinstall the system, is there anyway to do it without lossing all my apps? Thanks again, Novelo
  2. blajeans

blajeans New Member

i would do a restore... if you can get access through SSH then you can save your apps to your computer and reinstall them after the restore... but since your ipod seems to be pretty messed up i would recommend to do the restore and install the apps completely new from the installer to make sure you don't install any corrupted files... this way you can also recheck if you really don't install any iphone apps...