Installer Crashes After Latest Update

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by Breakfast_Clubber, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breakfast_Clubber

Breakfast_Clubber New Member

I'm running 1.1.3 through ipodtouchmaster's unlock + apps method through installer on 1.1.2. I went into Installer today and it reported a firmware update to Installer itself. After updating, Installer crashed and will not open past a white screen before crashing again. I've rebooted the device a few times, no effect.

Strangely, the Apps I had tried installing previously that didn't show up on the home screen or in Installer (just crashed to no effect on install) were suddenly available after the update. I removed them via SSH and rebooted again, Installer still crashes.

First I'm going to try reinstalling Installer via SSH, let me know if you have any ideas and be weary of updating your Installer.
  2. Breakfast_Clubber

I'm having a little trouble finding a fresh version of Installer.app (esspecially one I'm certain works with 1.1.3) any suggestions?
  3. ducatisonicboom

ducatisonicboom New Member

there is a thred on this . up a few from your post. we are all having the same issue with tidays installer. i think we just need to run a comand line.

chmod +s /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app

at work so i cant check this .

alos i think you can do what your trying let us now if it work s
  4. Breakfast_Clubber

Thanks for the knowledge, I'd run that right now, but my iPod just died and I don't have a charge cabel until I get home. Anyone else able to try it?
    note, i did try these:
    /bin/chmod -Rf a+x /Applications/
    /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Installer.app/
  5. kappatango

kappatango New Member

PLease use the sticky at the top of the forum to discus Installer problems.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.