Installer crash

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by can622, Aug 4, 2008.

1. can622

can622 New Member

heyo,whenever i try to open installer it shows a white screen and crashes, i think its cause i updated to the new version, can somebody plz post there old installer?
  2. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Uninstall a one or two large apps, then install Cydia. The installation creates a symlink between /Applications and /var/Applications, a solution for the 300mb limit of the 'Application' partion of your iPod.

Or, instead of installing Cydia install BossTools and use it to free space.
  3. can622

can622 New Member

i would but i cant open installer at all,everytime time i try to open installer it shows a white screen and dies
  4. khoasbladerking

khoasbladerking New Member

restore your ipod?lol. but thatd be a ****
  5. can622

can622 New Member

i cany do that right now, cant you just post a version of old installer or tell me were to get it? Im on 1.1.4 if it makes a difference
  6. shevshenko

shevshenko Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    dont worry try this it works

open installer like normal and as its loading hold down the power off button when the slider comes on press cancal and keep doing that till it final comes up it should take 2 tries

this solution if from ice36 so thank him not me all that much
  7. Candycane123

Candycane123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    connect it to your computer using winscp then go into installer in the apps and delete remotepackage plist i think that works :S
  8. luis chavez

luis chavez New Member

don't restore your ipod touch because your will erase every app you have so just jailbreak it again is easy and it will safe your applications without restore it o.k that fix my installer
  9. JustAToy

JustAToy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had this same problem, open installer white screen then it kicks me out. This went on for a week didn't have time to search for a fix. Last week it did the same but my back ground was faded and the iTouch was frozen only a hard reboot turned it back on.

I tried the power off and hitting cancel while installer was loading and after the 3rd try it fixed the installer.