installer crash

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nolanfortwenty, Feb 7, 2008.

1. nolanfortwenty

nolanfortwenty New Member

ok is there any way to fix this problem. installeraskedmeto update. now when i load installer it goes to a white screen then back to the springboard. is there any easy, no computer way to fix this? i dont want to do a bunch of deleting and restoring. im on 1.1.1 firmware
  2. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian New Member

Exact same as me. Please help!
  3. nolanfortwenty

anyone have a fix for this yet? an EASY NOOB fix by any chance?
  4. ipodfito

ipodfito New Member

Hey i believe what´s the problem

i believe there are limits in Mb to install in certains folder...try uninstalling something a install again another app....i have the same problem
  5. nolanfortwenty

i used bosstools to move everything onto the main drive or whatever and still no luck.
  6. Nokturnal

Nokturnal New Member

How do you uninstall when the installer won't open?

I'm having the exact same problem as the poster... I'm running JB 1.1.2, I opened Installer, and it asked me to update, ran update, then crashed to springboard. Now when I try to run installer, it flashes a white screen for a sec, then crashes again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. cbyrlee

cbyrlee New Member

Installer Crash Fix.....FINALLY

If your installer tries to load and you get a white screen to springboard crash, here is the fix! Worked for me on 1.1.4.

ssh into your ipod or use mobilefinder app on the ipod and go to var/root/library/installer and delete RemotePackages.plist
  8. joris182

joris182 New Member

i idid that on 1.1.3 but no succes
    btw somehow my installer was gone so i downloaded it from the back-up here on the forum maybe that has to do something with it?
  9. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Dude this problem just happened to me when I installed blaze new source. I was freakin out because I really don't want to re-jailbreak and go thru all that trouble of installing apps all over.
    Deleted that remote package plist and re-sprung... tried installer, and it was all good. Thanks for the advice... jus repped you for that one...Peace.
  10. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    RemotePackages.plist is all the packages you have installed...

So when you go to the uninstall tab there will be no packages there. Not even installer.app

Also obviously their is an app limit in installer.app. Because if you install more packages. The larger the RemotePackages.plist gets so maybe if it gets too big installer.app cant open it.