installer crash fix

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by crazymon161, Jan 30, 2008.

1. crazymon161

crazymon161 New Member

ok, i just found this out, one reason why installer crashes is because some apps dont support 1.1.3 and will crash the installer when you try to install them, but after that, anything else you try to install with crash the installer, thats where the miracle of ssh comes in. what happens is that when you tried to install that first app it left behind a little trace of it and it will keep crashing installer if you try to install anything else, so what you have to do is ssh into your ipod, go to the top directory called "/" and then go to "Applications", find the app you tried to install the first time, and delete the whole folder and anything else that has to do with it. it worked for me, hope it works for you as well.
  2. canuks_fan

canuks_fan New Member

perfect, just the solution I've been looking for!! I've tried to install multiple apps, will I need to delete all of them? I guess I'll go there and delete anything that is not on my springboard... thanks again

someone should make a list of which apps will download on 1.1.3 and which do not.
  3. iPodTouch808

iPodTouch808 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^ yeah they should but i think everybody's ipod don't act the same
  4. frostz

frostz New Member

Gonna see if this guy's really a genius. Think you're right man.
  5. iPodPerson

iPodPerson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can someone post their installer folder... Mine just disapeaered... -_-
  6. frostz

frostz New Member

Nope lol, doesn't work for me. :'(