installer crash after download

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by ketot, Feb 26, 2008.

1. ketot

ketot New Member

I have read around in the forums, but I still cannot find a possible answer.
    Anyway, i try to download summerboard or bosstool and it downloads fine, until it says installing then it just exits installer and nothing happens. I have tried rebooting my iPod, but it still doesn't work. However, before this I managed to download open ssh and services without a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh btw I'm on 1.1.3 ipodtouchmaster's jalilbreak. I think that's the official dec team jb.
  2. p00nc00n

p00nc00n New Member

yeah same happens to me when I get stuff on installer It crashes
  3. d. anthony

d. anthony New Member

me too, everytime I try to download installer crashes. It'll download but, when it gets to the install it goes to the home menu.
  4. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you are running out of space on your partition! install bosstools and move your fonts and ringtones (will give you about 109mb of more free space!
  5. vtmikevt

vtmikevt New Member

how can we install bosstool if it crashes before it installs? I tried uninstalling some of my apps first. didn't work
  6. vtmikevt

vtmikevt New Member

^^^ someone tell this asshole not to advertise here

also, the only apps i have installed are BSD subsystem, Open SSH, and VNSea, I don't see how i could be running out of space.

I tried downloading MobileChat and it crashed on install however the icon showed up on my springboard when i restarted the ipod. My theory is that it started installing and ran out of space so all i got was the icon. When i click it, it opens then crashes.

Should i SSH into the iPod and try to remove some applications that way? Any other ideas?
  7. mlee7returns

mlee7returns New Member

yeah i get the same probem i just recently jailbreaked 1.1.3 + the iphone apps
    the only apps installed on my ipod is BSD sub syestem, services, open ssh, boss tools, and ebooks.
    when ever i try to install a new app it crashes after its downloaded
    well i have 4 gigs of movies on there so should i just delet them or ssh into my ipod and restore the settings on the restricion whatevers.
    damn i just dont want to restore my ipod and go through the whole process again
  8. jwinters78

jwinters78 New Member

Same here... i had boss tools installed in 1.1.2, I jailbroke (ipodtouchmaster version) fine up to 1.1.3 (my 2nd time... i know what i was doing). Now that I have updated any apps from Installer.app are gone/hidden/missing. Installer still has them listed in the 'uninstall' list... and uninstalling/reinstalling does nothing.

Everything runs successfully with the standard apple apps, but any installer app goes thru download and starts install, but then almost finishes and pops back to black screen and then main screen (without the soft reboot as with my previous experience with installer).

I've done some searching, but this is the thread closest to my problem... i'll keep looking tho. Thanks for any help.
  9. LTWong

LTWong New Member

i think i KIND OF got the same problem

the problem is that when it finishes installing something i go back home and then it just shows that its loading...and it never stops

i dont know why this happens

i then just wait until it runs out of juice then charge it and then use SSH to delete the thing i just downloaded and goes back to normal then uninstall it in the installer app (maybe this might help with some people whos touches r screwed up)

it is so annoying and i can never get the apps i want (e.g. iAno, iBlackjack, Yeti3D)

anybody know how to solve this problem?????

note: this problem does not apply to stuff related to other apps (e.g. summerboard themes, customize themes, LocateMe)
  10. LTWong

LTWong New Member

oh no...yeti3D just screwed up my ipod

i just downloaded yeti3D and now my ipod is not working

wats worse is that i cant fix it using my method (see previous post) cuz yeti3D doesnt show up on SHH

anybody got solution?????