Installer conundrum

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by stromboli1994, Feb 24, 2008.

1. stromboli1994

stromboli1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, whenever i try to install a new app from installer, i get a main script execution failed error. Yeah, i know you've heard it before. My problem is that i can't SSH into my iPod to change the properties or anything, because i don't have OpenSSH installed. And, of course, i can't install OpenSSH because of the whole main script execution failed thing. I also can't install it manually via CuteFTP because i don't have it installed so i can't connect to my iPod. So, you see my paradox here.

Now my question is, if i re-jailbreak, then will it reinstall installer.app and possibly fix my problem? I used the zIphone jailbreak on an 8GB, so re-jailbreaking would mean putting my ipod into restore mode, then opening the zIphone GUI, and checking the boxes, etc. Are there any other solutions?
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

if u restore then it should solve all ur problems because all of the apps are erased, thus no space issue. so just make sure to install openssh and the bosstool to move the apps. i think this is the only way because ur sort of in a paradox here. no way to connect so no way to erase apps to get rid of the space issue
  3. stromboli1994

stromboli1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well the thing is, I know that it's not a space problem, because I just jailbroke a couple days ago after restoring from 1.1.1, so I only have about seven apps. And, I already used bosstools to move everything to the other disk partition, before installer stopped working for me
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

are u sure ur queues are cleared because space and queues in installe is all i can think. of. are u sure installer is set to 4755? these are 3 common problems.