Installer can't refresh the sources.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by 16gbofmagic., Jan 28, 2008.

1. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Everytime I add a new source, it goes through the refreshing sources thing and just stops. My wi-fi is weird, I have full bars and a super fast internet connection but sometimes it seems like it can't find it. Could this be a lemon? I can be right next to the router and it won't do sh*t.

So anyway, occassionally it gets halfway and then just stops. I leave it for a good 10 minutes and it doesn't go anywhere. Whats up?
  2. dodge69440

dodge69440 New Member

im having a similar problem...when i try to refresh even if i am INCHES from my router my refresh bar finishes then a pop up comes up that says "installer failed to refresh sources"
  3. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah. I have been ignoring it, but now every time I open Installer I can't do anything until it refreshes the sources. Which isn't looking good.
  4. TheAviator

TheAviator New Member

EXACTLY the same problem here... I was thinking about doing a restore, but now looking at this being a community-wide issue, I've decided against it. I've been trying to work around the problem the past several days, and the situation keeps getting worst. IPODTOUCHMASTER? ADMIN? Could someone please get in touch with the Installer devs and find out what the deuce is wrong?!?! First disappearing sources, then non-downloading sources, now no REFRESHING sources.... What next?
  5. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, so it's not just me.

I was fine with it, but now I can't add or remove apps. Which isn't really flying with me right now, as I have some stuff I want off.
  6. goodxguy

goodxguy New Member

A similiar problem happened to me when I tried to hurry and jailbreak to 1.1.3 and forgot to install BSD and upgraded my installer before upgrading to 1.1.3. So i had to do it all over again from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3. now i dont get those errors and refreshing works fine. I hope this helps.
  7. dang itsdavid

dang itsdavid New Member

that kind of happened to me it got stuck and i had to wait like a few minutes for it to continue. i think one of your sources might be incorrect and cauz this problem

because i accidently spelled one of my sources wrong and it was lagging my source refresher
  8. Shortyman801

Shortyman801 New Member

Happened to me too, I'm going to uninstall all non-original sources and just restart, since I only have 5 extras.

EDIT: have original sources except for Conceited software beta, and i kept Ibook adder. works fine.
    These are just the apps I want- choosing from master apps list-
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8180

adding:
    Apogeeltd.com- slowed some, still refreshed in -5 secs.
    sleepers.net/iphonerepo- didn't slow down much
    iphone.deathtodesign.com/index.xml- stayed the same
    Iphonefanclub.com/native- Slowed, still 10 secs
    Applerepo.com- stayed the same
    Idevdocs.com/install- slowed significantly, still about 15 secs
    Iphonesurge.com/installer- stayed pretty much the same
    modmyifone.com/installer.xml- stayed the same
    iphone.r4m0n.net/repos- slowed little still around 20 secs
    iphone.robota.nl- slowed a little more than 25 secs
    drinkmalk.com/books/index.xml- stayed the same
    lyndellwiggins.com/installer/swell- seems to have slowed a little maybe around 30 secs
    app.weiphone.com/installer- slowed little

Final reload time- 36 seconds

NOTE- I did upgrade installer a day ago and had not tried to refresh until just now. May be a problem with installer. Also, I did not start out with all of these sources, but as I was going through the master list I found a couple that I would like, and I also left out a couple I never used.

BTW all of this reinstalling apps only took me about 15 mins

Did not add ipodtouchfans repo, it is slow to DL, and I don't really like the themes
  9. matrixxx01

matrixxx01 New Member

it's happening to everyone right now. it crawls near a complete stop about 1/4-1/2 way through, then picks back up. just wait it out until they fix it.
  10. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How can I start over and re-install select sources? I mean, I can't even do anything in Installer. Restore? I would rather not have to restore and re-jailbreak, obviously. But I will if I have to.