Installer Broken!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phoenix1887, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Phoenix1887

Phoenix1887 New Member

My installer is broken. I can't install any new applications, install any updates, or uninstall any applications. Whenever I try to do any of this it downloads the package, starts going through the processes and then just quits installer and goes back to the home screen. It never has that little wheel spin in the center of the screen and then goes to lock screen like it normally would when you install/uninstall a program. I have tried turning it off and back on and nothing will fix it.

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue without reinstalling the OS?
  2. Cam98

Cam98 New Member

i got the same problem dude.....its pissing me off....

help us please someone.
  3. Cam98

Cam98 New Member

i got it working.....i went into unistall and unistalled sketchs since my home wasn't showing sketchs icon...so i uninstalled it, and now i can download apps and finish my updates...

nvm....it still not letting me do updates....but allowing me me to downlaod new apps....just not updated old apps....this is messed someone help us.
  4. xshinobix

xshinobix New Member

I've got the same problem... It happened to me after I tried to install PocketGuitar... it started to install it and then went to home screen. Since then all the apps I've attempted to install have had the same result. Does anyone know what's causing it to do this? When I go into Finder after "installing" a program, it's there but it doesn't have an icon and I have to delete it manually... I just tried it again and noticed that it doesn't even start the installation process at all, just goes straight to home screen.

Is there any way to reinstall Installer without a complete OS reinstall?
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Your running out of disk space that's why...

Uninstall some apps that you dont need, and install BossTool. Then in BossTool, relocate your Application.
  6. KrayZieAsSPiNoy

KrayZieAsSPiNoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That same thing's happening to me.
    WTFs wrong with pocketguitar?!

and..it messed my installer up
    that i tried to REINSTALL it..and now i cant go in

But, can i have the Installer.app FOLDER so i can download it back?
  7. koolgecko91

koolgecko91 New Member

My installer wont refresh sources. If somebody could help can you pm me please.
  8. Happyguy

Happyguy New Member

Since my installer was unable to refresh and it goes blank when everytime I click it, I try to SHH and use WINSCP to upload the insaller.app to the iphone.

But it failed, I used the transfer method of Bin and setup permission to 0755. The files did go to the iphone. But the png files uploaded in 0kb.

How do I force all the files upload sucessfully?

I am sure there is a way to do it, much appreciated if anyone can help.

Thanks.
  9. xshinobix

xshinobix New Member

There's no way I'm running out of disk space. I have two albums and no movies on it and I've had way more apps on it. Now every so often an app that I installed after I installed PocketGuitar will show up but it wont work right. I can delete it manually through Finder, but it doesn't show up in the Installer app. I'm thinking about just restoring it at this point. Anyone else have any ideas? Oh, I'm running on 1.1.1 btw...
  10. imoldcat

imoldcat New Member

The Darwin System in your touch has three partitions.
    The 300M partition is for you to install apps by default.
    There's another 15K partition maybe for some information.
    The last 8G - 300M or 16G - 300M partition is for your songs and videos and photos.

So when there's no space to install any app, the installer will crash siliently.