Installer (appsnapp) problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BSBarrows, Dec 20, 2007.

1. BSBarrows

BSBarrows New Member

I am trying to install programs from the installer, like I have done before. But all of a sudden, out of the blue it has stopped working. I will try and download something and it will say "downloading" and all that at the bottom. It will get to "Installing" then installer will close and go to my springboard. without reseting and going to lock. I have tried doing the reinstall thing on installer, that didn't help. I have also gotten "Main Script execution failed" once or twice. If someone can help without telling me that I have to restore my iPod because I don't have things backed up at this point. Is there anyway to backup just music not any of the OS so that I could possible restore back to 1.1.1? That would work for me if need be. O yea, a word to the help, I am good with computers and all and I can AFP to my iPod to change things if need be, but don't go major coding on me please, thats where I get lost

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is it possible that you've reached the limit of the application/OS partition? There's a limit of about 300MB for that "partition" -- you probably need to either uninstall some applications or use the technique that you'll find in a sticky here for moving your applications to your large media partition.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A lot of people have been complaining of similar issues, so it is probably Installer, not your iPod that is screwing up.
  4. BSBarrows

BSBarrows New Member

I have deleted a bunch of unused apps. and then tried to install others, some will do it, and some won't. Yes it may be installer, but how would I fix installer? the Tiff. exploit is fixed because I was going to download it again from jailbreakme.com.
  5. BSBarrows

BSBarrows New Member

Problem Solved. I moved some applications over to the media partion with iPod Terminal and installer is working fine. Thanks for the input!