installer.apps noob help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by water is poison, Jan 6, 2008.

1. water is poison

water is poison New Member

alright guys, i know how to use search and i know how to view stickys, don't worry. I just have a couple questions that have probably been answered 10000 times before so you can talk sh.it to me if you want.

I jailbroke my ipod through the easy way on safari, and have the installer apps on my touch. Where do i go from here to put iphone apps and other cool stuff to take full advantage of my jailbroken ipod? Do i need to use a computer to get stuff like iphone apps and such on my touch?
  2. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All you have to do is add the sources for these application.
    Search up "Ultimate Source List" on this forum and find the thread with all the sources and the instructions on how to install sources.
  3. benw

benw New Member

No, just go into Installer.app, click on the bottom where it says "Install", from there you can view categories or all of the items available for you to download. When you find one that you would like to download, click it, then click "Install", then when you go to the home screen again, the iPod should reboot, and there will be an icon for your newly installed application.

Some applications that you may want to start out with:
    MobileTextEditor
    MobileFinder
    ToDoList
    Customize
    Tap Tap Revolution (TTR)
    iPod Touch Calendar Fix
    OpenSSH
    BSD Subsystem (required for a few apps to run)
    Apollo or Mobile Chat
    iRadio

When you get more advanced, you can add more sources to Installer, which allows for even a greater amount of options to download. To add more sources go to Installer.app, Sources >> Edit >> Add, then type in a source. Here is a list of sources to add: Here.

When you have added more sources you then can download additional applications like:
    iPhysics
    PSX4all
    etc.

Hope that helped! Have fun!
  4. homeruntilly

homeruntilly New Member

too lazy to search or something? lol