installer app

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by giden, Jul 10, 2009.

1. giden

giden New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Forgive a newbie but I have a question I'm hoping someone can help with. I've done the Jailbreak thing successfully and now I'm trying to get the installer.app downloaded. Problem is: all sites I've visited refer to a firmware version that I don't have. Mine ipod touch has firmware version 3.0 and all the available dl's refer to older versions. Is there a version for the current firmware? Thanks in advance.
  2. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I believe you are new. So let me help you out. Installer is no longer working anymore. The new installer is called Cydia. To get Cydia, you have to jailbreak your device. Go to the 3.0 jailbreak section of the forum and that is where you will learn how to get cydia.
  3. giden

giden New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow, thanks for such a quick response. I actually have Cydia on my ipod touch and have successfully dl'd 1 new app using it. Question is: how do I (if I wanted to) remove the app? It doesn't show up in my list of apps when I launch itunes w/ touch connected. All my apps from itunes DO show up, but not the one dl'd using Cydia. Make sense? thanks again for your help.
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    To remove Cydia apps, go to the "Manage" tab, then select a package, tap "Modfiy", then remove. You can't manage Cydia apps through iTunes.
  5. giden

giden New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iPod Touch & Shawa, thanks much for the info. I think I got it now

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You are most certaintly welcome.

Please Register or Log in to view images