Installer.app wont open

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by minamfm, Aug 22, 2008.

1. minamfm

minamfm New Member

so ive had this several times before and i ended up restoring every single time :S:S

my ipod is jailbroken 1.1.1 and i have installer 3.1 for a certain reason i clicked restore all settings in the ipod prefs and when it restarted and i tried to open installer again it would wait for 15 secs until it crashes

things to consider:
    1)i have boss tools and i already relocated the applications and still it crashes
    2)as some people told me to ssh into /private/var/mobile/Library/Installer but i couldnt find the "installer" directory
    3)its a 16 gb itouch so i cant upgrade to 1.1.5 then jb with ziphone
    4)i have the ride4.org/shai.xml and installed all sources (130+)

so is there a fix for this??
  2. markomite

markomite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    first off, why does it matter how big your ipod is? why does that affect if you can jb 1.1.5?

if i were you, i would get 2.0 (either legally, through various *******s, or using our favorite search engine)

and jb 2.0. 1.1.1 is dreadfully old.

just try upgrading.

EDIT: I heard that installing all sources causes installer to crash.
  3. minamfm

minamfm New Member

1)u should read a little about ziphone; it doesnt work on 16 and 32gb it gives a bsd maj something error
    2)the only way to jb 2.0 is winpwn and i don like winpwn (btw i already had 2.0 and i downgraded to 1.1.1 to jb i can easily update again but i dont want)
    3)i asked for a fix and not advise.

So i wana stay on 1.1.1 and i want this prob fixed

i think its the all sources but i wanna make sure
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You are the absolute dumbest person on these forums. The first post was fine and I usually like to help out noobs, but the 2nd post I lost all respect for you.

1) ZiPhone is fine. Zibri is a homosexual, but just because his program is stolen, it still works fine. The BSD root error is easily fixable through clearing NVRAM, and it can't harm an iPod because ZiPhone doesn't allow 26 MB to be sent to the ramdisk during the first phase like people say; it will never get that high, so it'll never harm an iPod. And no; it doesn't downgrade the BL to 39 FB permantently. Restore and it'll be back to a 46. And where the f*** did you get it doesn't work on 16 GB and 32 GB iPods? They all run the same EXACT firmware, do they not?

2) Why would you not like WinPwn? It is a highly developed, safe, effective program. There is also QuickPwn, which is a jailbreak for you "IZ TOO HARD" noobs.

3) Who gives a sh*t if you don't want advice? You're on a sh*tty firmware and he's letting you know.

Now, I'm not helping. Good luck on 2.0.x, when I could have helped you if you weren't a senseless douche.