Installer.app wont let me finish installing apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kamillark, Oct 31, 2007.

1. kamillark

kamillark New Member

K whenever i try to download aps it downloads but doesn't install then installer crashes, i recently restored my ipod and jailbroke it for my second time and this problem never occured to me, what is the problem? and how can i fix it?
  2. spikejr

spikejr New Member

Reboot

First line of defense I always tell anyone with computer problems... REBOOT. It is an often overlooked fix. Shutdown your iPoT, and then Start it back up and try again. You'd be surprised how many people don't even think of that.
  3. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. kamillark

kamillark New Member

thanks for your help guys I just restored my iPod and jail broke it again it works fine now.
  5. golddiggerpro

golddiggerpro New Member

I had this problem too

I also encountered this problem. The ipod touch can only handle 4 pages of apps of the home page. Uninstall the ones you dont want then try, it worked for me!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. benbraun

benbraun New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @golddiggerpro:
    that is incorrect, the ipod can handle as many pages of apps as you want. The only problem is that there are two partitions on the ipod, one for all the music videos and roms and stuff and one for the system files and apps which is only 300mb big. You can find out how much of the 300mb is left by typing "df" into terminal on your ipod. if you run out of space you have to move the application folder to the media partition. There is a guide stickied right under your nose:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1924