Installer.app screwed my iPod Touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pcwiz, Sep 21, 2008.

1. pcwiz

pcwiz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OK thanks to Installer.app my iPod Touch is screwed on the software side. I have a first gen iPod Touch 8GB with jailbroken 2.1 firmware using PwnageTool 2.1. Everything was working fantastic up to this point. So I opened up Installer.app and installed this package called "Kate" which was supposed to be a collection of useful stuff. It installed, I hit the Home button to go back and then this black screen came up and said "Setting up languages" and then the spinner thing appeared for a while and I went to the home screen again.

The first thing I noticed were that my icons were out of order. So I went to fix their positions. I held the Home button to make the icons wiggle so I could move them, but no matter how long I held the Home button the icons would NOT wiggle. So I went back into Installer and deleted all the packages I had installed. I've tried everything from Soft Respring to Reboot to Shutdown. Nothing works. Please help me fix it so that I can move my icons around again!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    woops. Major brain screwup. I forgot that you had to hold on the icons to make them wiggle. SLAP SLAP
  2. gumbi

gumbi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    this is pretty funny.
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Uninstall Kate to stop that; it interferes with 5 icon dock.
  4. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ya I won't touch Installer or Kate with a ten foot pole. They use to be great, I guess the developers just gave up, or smoke to much weed now or something

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL! Yeah well...kinda...