Installer.app problem + general jailbroken ipod discussion

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by brandn, Aug 25, 2008.

1. brandn

brandn New Member

I jailbroke my Ipod touch on 2.0 software last night using pwnage. I'm usually very good with this stuff but I am having a very hard time with the Installer.app and basically understanding how a jailbroken Ipod/Iphone works...

First off, my Installer.app quits when i select anything on the "Featured" or "What's New" list. I've also inputted about 4 sources and they wont refresh, and when i try to browse the apps it says "File doesn't exist". When i try to update the Installer.app it says "Bad Url". Hopefully i can get some help on how to reinstall Installer.app if i need to, or how to fix it...

Another question i had was for the roms for the GBA emulator and NES.app
    I am working on a mac so i have read i need a program that i can wirelessly send the roms to my Ipod? I'm very unclear on this.

All replies and help is very much appreciated! I can't wait to get this all figured out, Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Firstly, Installer is a bit sh*t at the moment, use cydia, its more stable.

As for transfering stuff from your mac, download and install 'OpenSSH' from cydia
    Then download 'Cyberduck' on your mac and follow a tutorial, there should be some on here.
  3. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

Okay, the installer thing is bad becuase it is a beta, the roms thing, okay, first you need to go into cydia and search for openssh, download that and reboot your phone ipod. Then install your emulator from cydia , okay, then go to settings and then look up your ip address and then download cyberduck to your mac and open it, in the corner select open connection and then select sftp connection in the drop down bar and then fill in your ip address from your iphone /touch and then click port 22 and the default password is alpine.
  4. brandn

brandn New Member

Thanks a lot for your help. See, i thought Installer and Cydia went hand in hand... I didn't know i could use Cydia over Installer.

I downloaded OpenSSH in Cydia and also downloaded Cyberduck on my mac. I opened Cyberduck, typed in my ipods IP and for username i tried my name (which was already there by defualt) with password "alpine"... And also tried username "alpine" with password "alpine"
    Neither worked, its saying "Login Failed"

What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your time!
  5. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    oh sorry, the user name is root. sorry i didn't tell you.
  6. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  7. brandn

brandn New Member

Ah, went smoothly now... Thanks!!

I went ahead and made new folders where needed (ROMs & NES)

So i can now download any ROM for NES off the internet then just drag them to that specific folder in Cyberduck? Then reboot my ipod and open up NES and hope the ROM is in there? haha
  8. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yepperdays.
  9. brandn

brandn New Member

What is this NES BIOS deal?
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

I don't think you need bios for NES, or am I mistaken?