Installer app help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ballswick, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Ballswick

Ballswick New Member

I wasnt sure were to post this, but I downloaded to installer app to my ipod touch, after I jailbroke it. I've downloaded tons of apps, (I have 1.1.4) but recently everytime I try to install or uninstall an app its says "error cant install package" how can download apps again?
  2. scorpion 55

scorpion 55 Banned

um more details please.
  3. Tek T33

Tek T33 New Member

clear some stuff.......download bosstool......go into boostool and move apps. only(free disk space)...........clear queue........DONE
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The iPod touch has two partitions. There's a 300MB partition for OS files and other system files, and another partition, for storing all media (music, videos, photos and so on). Although, when you use Installer.app to install applications, it originally installs these applications to the 300MB partition, which quickly runs out of space.

So, you'll need to uninstall a few applications through SSH, and then install BossTools, an application that comes with community sources and can be found under 'Utilities' in Installer. In BossTools, select 'Move over Applications' and then all Applications will be moved to the much larger partition.
  5. Ballswick

Ballswick New Member

I've downloaded bosstool and all that, like I've said I've downloaded many apps, it wont let me uninstall and install them it says "error cant find package" something to that effect, it happened once before and then it was fine again, but now its doing to constantly
  6. Ballswick

Ballswick New Member

please help me
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You may have a repository that is down. Also, do you have any sources that add a whole bunch of other sources? Those aren't recommended, and can really slow down/halt Installer.
  8. Ballswick

Ballswick New Member

well have only 1 source that I added, it gives roms to the installer something like iappcat.com, but I just recently got it to work, only once though, what happens is that when I hit the installer it refreshes sources and then it worked, it only worked once because after I unistalled something it stopped working again, then I tried to manulelly refresh the sources it didnt work, I also had that source that didnt work psxrepo, but I deleted it
  9. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Install -> Clear Queue
  10. Ballswick

Ballswick New Member

that didnt work