Installer.app disappeared from iPod touch springboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DoMakeSayThink, Oct 19, 2007.

1. DoMakeSayThink

DoMakeSayThink New Member

I just attempted to install the installer.app update and after the download there was an error. (Unfortunately I don't recall what it said). As a result, installer.app is apparently gone from my iPod so I can't install or uninstall any more apps. Is there any way of bringing the app back without restoring and re-Jailbreaking it?

On a side note, when connecting to my iPod touch with SSH, the installer.app is still in the applications folder. Would it be possible to get the icon back by altering the N45AP.plst file?
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Use SSH.

Type in /Applications/Installer.app/Installer.

That should open up Installer for you to try again. Don't forget: when you are done, hit Ctrl+C to close Installer when you are done.

It's new identifier, for your N45AP.plist is
    com.apptapp.Installer
  3. DoMakeSayThink

I am a little confused. When you say use SSH, what do you mean? When I said I connected to my iPod touch with SSH, that was through an ftp client. Is this where I need to type in /Applications/Installer.app/Installer? I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere.

Thanks for your help..
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Use a program like Putty to SSH into the iPod.
  5. DoMakeSayThink

Great! I'm using OS X so I connected to my iPod through SSH in the terminal. Installer is running and the new version looks great. Last question: how to I close Installer.app from the terminal? The ctrl-c shortcut obiously doesn't work. Do you know the command?
  6. trublegal

trublegal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    missing installer .app

i recently jailbreaked my ipod ver 1.1.5 using ziphone. 1st time it worked correctly and had installer icon in it but later somehow i mistakely restored my ipod so i had to jealbreak it again.. but this time ziphone wesite icon has come and there is no installer icon in it... i tried it many times but doesn't work.. plzzzzz help...... anyone....