Installer.app big problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by AAR, Dec 8, 2007.

1. AAR

AAR New Member

Solved!
    Hey whats up!
    Every time I open my installer.app and I install something when the status bar says "Installing Package" It crashes and send me to springboard. I got a lot of new app, roms, videos, music, etc. I dont wanna restore

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any suggestions? Thanks
  2. Anon1mus

Anon1mus New Member

I'd say restore and re-jailbreak. May be a problem with some internal files.
  3. huganazionehump

huganazionehump New Member

Hey, don't worry, you shouldn't need to restore it. I once had the same problem, a little while ago. Problem was that i simply had TOO many apps and package, etc... installed via installer. There' a limit of like 300mb or something. I actually had like only 170mb installed, but that doesn't matter. You can try simply getting rid of some apps or packages you don't need, and install only the ones you really want. There's also some app in installer, from some source, which with you can actually move the applications folder to the other partition, not the OS partition, which will eliminate the problem with the app limit. i forgot what its called, maybe boss tool? just add all sources and look for it, but you have to uninstall some app/package you have first to allow you to install this one.
  4. AAR

AAR New Member

That works for me!! Thank you!
  5. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

i dont think theres an app to do that for u i think u actually have to do it manually
  6. AAR

AAR New Member

There is, is called Boss Tool
  7. krone

krone New Member

Great!!!!

Worked perfectly!!!! Had the same problem and by just erasing some unused apps got the installer working again. Now, is there a fix to that apps limitation?
  8. dandigo58

dandigo58 New Member

ahhh thnakyouu this happened to me b4 and i restored my ipod, it worked but it was hassle
    if only i had known it was as simple as just deleting some apps