Installer and SMBprefs appear to have failed, please confirm

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Mouse212, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

Hey

I just jailbroke my ipod touch 8gb using TouchFree on Windows XP Prof. Installer and SMBprefs have come up in the home icons on my touch but when I open either of them no content loads up. There are the buttons but they are unresponsive. Pressing the home button (bottom one) doesn't work either and I just have to wait around 10 seconds for the app to close...

Surely this isn't normal? Could someone confirm whether it is normal or not?

Also, despite the numerous threads here I'm failing to see a straight forward guide for putting apps onto the ipod. I thought installer helps you with that? Which again leads me to think mine hasn't installed properly.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

That shouldn't happen if the reboots happened correctly. I would try rebooting once again to see if that fixes it.
  3. Mouse212

Mouse212 New Member

It didn't unfortunately. I just restored it and jail broke it again. Thanks all the same.

Edit: Oh and of course it now works, I can only presume that there was an apple process running that I missed. Feel free to lock.