Installer and everything else freezing

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by Relic073, May 11, 2008.

1. Relic073

Relic073 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Installer and everything else crashing is freezing....it only started happening like 2 days ago when i did the Winpwn thing (beta 2) and well when the restore is done once i go into an app it will work for 2 sec and then just freeze....

Ant help with this?
  2. RunningWild

RunningWild New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This was happening to me earlier. But what i forgot was to install bsd subsystems while makeing the custom firmware in beta 2. I also put in suid lib fix, openssh, and some other stuff i cant remember right now, just to be on the safe side.
  3. Relic073

Relic073 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thanks heaps dude that did the trick + rep
  4. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

gah I am getting this problem, I have done the whole go into contacts but I have found my iPod froze whilst in there, I want to connect my iPod to my router type in the passcode and then press join and yep iPod freezes up

I have BSD and suid lib fix as mentioned preinstalled

how do I fix this?
  5. yz85 rider

yz85 rider Banned

Just re pwn with the new version of winpwn. It solves all of these problems
  6. VistaDog

VistaDog New Member

It doesnt solve them for me
    i used RC1 1.0.0.3 and everything freezes
    im looking to see if the contact fix works
  7. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Same thing happen to me and now both Ziphone and iLiberty both do not work, but freeze my ipod. Im going to try 1) Restore to regular 1.1.4 2) Re Pwn through winpwn 3) Create new ispw with Installer, suid lib fix, openssh, and bsd subsystems to see if it freezes again. Ill post result when Im done -.-
  8. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So far so good! I got the Winpwn Startup Script Complete right when it rebooted after restoring the custom firmware. Here is what I did:

1) Restore to Factory 1.1.4 Restore in iTunes
    2) Open WinPwn and use iPwner
    3) Create New ispw with ispw builder with the following: Installer, BSD Subsystems, OpenSSH, and suid lib fix. (You can probly add other apps but I did not test it. I don't reccommend adding the iPhone Apps here)
    4) Create custom ispw
    5) Restore through iTunes new ispw you made
    6) As soon as it reboots go to settings and set your WiFi Network. I then opened safari and did a google search to test and see if it froze and it should not.
    7) Open Installer refresh and then add community sources and refresh (although here I had to reboot it got stuck, I rebooted and then refresh sources worked)
    8) There you go WinPwn version RC1 1.0.0.3 =) Enjoy!