Installer and Cydia problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by admchn, Aug 31, 2008.

1. admchn

admchn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi all
    I'm having problems with both Installer and Cydia - and they go like this:

Whenever I go into Cydia, it always returns errors when it is "downloading release" (not the .gpg, that seems to have worked fine.) does that mean it is not refreshing, if it's not how do I fix it? Also in Installer, I get "bad URL" errors, what does that mean?

I am running the most recent version of both of these packages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I now get in cydia "error: posix operation timed out." Anyone any ideas?

EDIT2: now, installer freezes when it tries to refresh sources. Help!
  2. mikey119

mikey119 New Member

dunno if we have the same problems but i cant get installer to refresh. I tried visiting apptapp site but i cant get in. Can someone verify if apptapp repository is down or not?
  3. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    the posix error is from the zottd or however its spelled repo its not refreshing because its getting alot of traffic right now i dunno why and im not sure about your installer problems

------------------double post merged------------------
    acatually i might be able to help with your installer i have a freezing problem as well sometimes but as long as i let it sit while it refreshes its fine, so leave it for a minute when you start it up and see
  4. admchn

admchn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, so I left installer and it refreshed, but when I try download stuff, I get "apptapp error 3" what's that mean?