Installer and Cydia Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ElectricBuffalo, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

Hey guys,

I went to install Cydia today and suffered a terrible issue during the installation. I was using Installer, and Installer gave me one of those Main Script Execution Failed errors. This left Cydia.app on my springboard, however it was not under programs I already had installed on my iPod. I have tried to delete Cydia using MobileFinder, however it doesn't seem to want to delete for some reason (wtf?)... ALSO, while installing Cydia I think it corrupted my SSH or something because I'm no longer able to SSH into my iPod from my computer... I have the suspicion that my SSH got messed up during the "error". So as you can see, I'm stuck in a loop of never being able to SSH into my iPod, uninstall Cydia or really do anything about the Installer problem. Anybody have any help for me? Or should I just give up and restore?

Also, for future reference, is the solution to fixing the error I described for Installer simply a matter of permissions for the Installer.app folder?

Thanks guys. Any help is appreciated.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Just delete it using SSH or Terminal
  3. ElectricBuffalo

since SSH is not an option (currently not working), how would i do it with Terminal? i know how to change directories, etc. but not delete a file or folder?
  4. vega191

vega191 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hey electricbuffalo this just happened to me [twice]
    um what you need is total commander to delete the thing you tried to install [i just blanked on the name]
    then reinstall bsd subsystem in installer and reinstall installer
    it worked for me the first time but it didn't the second so now i'm restoring yay
    goood luck
  5. ElectricBuffalo

thank you so much vega, i reinstalled BSD subsystem and installer and i was easily able to SSH into my iPod again... im not really fond of the Total Commander program, however WinSCP worked again anyways... so i really appreciate it... i didnt think to reinstall the BSD stuff... thanks! hopefully that solved everything...
  6. rrobben

rrobben New Member

Need help with cydia

When I try to download or update or do anything on cydia (it even doesnt download the home page) it complains that ''host unreachable'' and right after that '' cached failure''. So please could some one help me?

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Please create your own thread for an issue rather than bumping a two-year-old one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.