Installer and Cydia Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by commandercup, Jul 28, 2009.

1. commandercup

commandercup New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just jailbroke my 2.2.1 iPod Touch 2G and I have no idea how I can get apps... I've tried to install installer.app through Cydia, but when I install the SOSiphone Installer 4.1 through Cydia, I don't get any icon on my springboard to use it.

So is there some other sort of app store esque program that I can use to download apps directly to the iPod?

Also, when I try to install the All Sources repository from PwnCenter, I get a "Cannot Comply" error...

Thanks!
  2. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there an app that will allow you to download apps from Apple's App Store?

No.

If you have Cydia, then tap the search button to search for 3rd party apps that are being hosted in the repositories that Cydia is currently setup to download from. If you can't find what you're looking for, it might be in another repository...which you would have to add to Cydia (not hard).
  3. commandercup

commandercup New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Installer is dead, the only option besides Cydia is Icy, and I don't recommend you use it.

All sources has given people problems in the past, so I think pwncenter removed it.