Installer and Appstore, MUST READ!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Murat, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Murat

Murat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Appstore will never be better than installer, ofcourse the apps are more stable and works better than some apps in installer but you musnt forget why we jailbraked our iPods/iPhones in the first place. We did it to free them! Free them from apple. Apple shouldn't decide on how we use our ipod/iPhones that's why we jailbraked it to use our iPods in full capacity. apple saw that many people uses installer so they made something to replace it. And by that when we start to use the appstore insted of installer we will be using our iPods exactly how apple what it us to use it. We will continue being apples prisoners cuz we will be unjailbroken...
    And with installer we get the full control of our ipods/iPhones. I don't think we will ever see apps like mobile finder, terminal etc. And we won't. Think of all the advantages of jailbreaking. Themes, sshing, sip-voip etc. Apple wants us to give up on these. Appstore is a good thing for devs they profit from making apps. They do that for themselves but they should continue on doing apps for installer too. Installer is open to every one its free and you don't need to do any paperwork anybody can make an app and share it with the WHOLE WORLD! But appstore isn't open for all the world not every country can have an iTunes account and get appstore. Don't forget that apple decides on what apps you get on your device apps are LIMITED not like the apps in installer. Think of all that good apps of installer do you really think that apple can replace them. NO!
    I don't think that appstore can really compete with installer and me and other supporters of installer will be sticking with installer until appstore really gets good enough to compete with installer which we don't think it will happenany time soon.
    We want devs not to stop making apps for installer and we want people to continue using installer. Don't be slaves of apple don't let them tell you how to use your iPod/iPhone. And you should know that we are not completly against Apple.
    Thanks you for reading and we hope you won't give up on Installer...
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You DO REALIZE that APPLE CREATED the iPhone and iPod Touch. Right? Without them, there would BE No Installer.

Apple may decide what you get, but they make it safe and secure and make sure its up to Par.

Unlike Installer, which is Unregulated, Disorganized, and Anything, ANYTHING can be put there. Be it Bad or Good.

I would start using Installer again if only the community would become respectable and probably Open Source like most of the Linux community.

Not fall into the Hell of Piracy.
  3. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Damn, do you have a comeback for everything?
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have opinions.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    There we go with opinions-
  6. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude, app store apps are way better than installer ones. think of remote, ibeer , smb, crash. but i must admt, with everyone having problems with 2.0 and random rebooots, im starting to think installer is actually more stable! But i know the jailbreaking community will always be one step ahead of apple

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    THE BLAH BLAH BLAH THING WAS HILARIOUS

Eh, their games sucked. Installer will always lose to app store becuase the games were terrible
  8. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They weren't terrible. They just weren't worked on hard enough :\

Neverball is very promising. It just needs a LOT of help. I'm hoping it'll be open source so more and more developers can contribute to it.
  9. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
  10. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The controls were horrendous.

Raging Thunder was good too. but a port of a game, and was going to be made for the app store at first