Installer after PWNAGE

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by Naner, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Naner

Naner New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why i cant refresh sources in instaler after the pwnage? Installer freeze when i put it to do refresh... i try to reinstall it, but i cant =/, i try to do everything over again, a new pwnage a new ipsw, but dont work too... anyone have the same problem?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You still need to do all the steps in the guide even after you use pwnage tool
  3. osi umenyoria

osi umenyoria New Member

yeah same prob for me i just went back to iliberty
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I recommend using the Pwnage Tool but I think people forget that they still must install all the same files and fixes they would after a jailbreak with any other app.
  5. FinalFallacy

FinalFallacy New Member

Yea, I'm having trouble with this too. What files and fixes need to be installed after Pwnage to make it work, and how do I go about doing that? I know when I use ZiPhone, I don't have to install anything else to make it work, and not have the keyboard freeze up... A little more of an extensive answer than "yes it does work" would be appreciated.
  6. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what do you mean?
    I made a custom firmware file on a mac, and then i tried to install a source in installer, and it just kept freezing. the first time i did it i made the custom firmware on the win pwn tool, but then when installer froze, i re-pwned (proper term???) using a custom firmware made on the mac pwnage tool...and it still froze when adding a source....the custom firmare i had install bsd subsystem aswell as installer and open ssh
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I suggest you look at the Almost Automatice Guide in the 1.1.4 Jailbreak Thread. After you Pwn go to the Prevent Keyboard freeze and then go down the list. The add BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH usually doesnt seem to work with Pwnage Tool so just install them yourself. I nor anyone I have helped has ever had an issue when they follow the guide. I worked with Khaos on this and tested the repos and it is very quick and easy
  8. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

When you have finished with pwnage and have restored with your custom firmware.
    Shut down and restart. This should fix your installer freezing on refresh.
  9. FinalFallacy

FinalFallacy New Member

A link to the guide would be great... Not to be ungrateful or anything, but I haven't the time to sift endlessly through the thousands of posts on this forum to find the one you mean. Especially seeing as I am very new to the forum and I don't know where anything is.
  10. db9s

db9s New Member

I think you should redo the ENTIRE process. (ie including that weird flashing/modification you had to do before installing the actual firmware. Let me know if it works.