Installer 3.0.1 Error

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by toast306, Mar 1, 2008.

1. toast306

toast306 New Member

After I downloaded the new Installer, 3.0.1, I have been having problems. Whenever I try to install a package, I always get this: "Error - Package download failed!"

I'm not sure sure why this is happening, the iPod is only two days old. Please help.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Same as 3.0. find the package that's causing the error and remove it from your queue.
  3. toast306

toast306 New Member

Hey it worked.

But the GBA Emulator was causing problems. Why can't I download it? And is there any other way I could get a GBA emulator on my iPod Touch?
  4. ethan961

ethan961 New Member

GBA without Installer

You can download the app on your computer, and then copy it on from there via FTP or easiest if you are on a mac is AFP. Cuteftp is a good FTP client you can use on windows.

Also,
    I was having this error, but uninstalling and then installing "Community Sources" again fixed this error for me. Unless I did that, no apps from unofficial sources would install.

Hope this helps.
    Ethan
  5. 2xtreme

2xtreme Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I am having this error as well, I installed probably 12 differint things today must of them themes for customize. I tried to uninstall them and I get the same error. Also the little circle next to the WiFi signal keeps spinning like it's trying to refresh but nothing, Safari works fine so I know I'm getting a signal. please help
  6. possession

possession New Member

It's an awful lot of big name apps that don't seem to work. Summerboard, GBA emulator, customise, Apollo, etc.

there must be some bigger bug here
  7. elkeegano

elkeegano New Member

please tell me someone has solved the problem here, tried unistalling community sources, cleared queue and such but still wont install from foriegn sources and wont refresh everyday like normal just keeps loading...!!!???