Installation Problem.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by fckinfamous, Jan 3, 2009.

1. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Heres my problem, i decided to install windows xp on a windows vista laptop, so i followed all of the steps and everything went fine until my battery died =/
    I have a windows vista cd but its all scratched up and my laptop wont read it, also im not able to boot, when i start my laptop it says bootmngr missing.
    I decided to make a windows vista ultimate cd [yeah i know its wrong but i have no other choice] and anyway this cd that i made says that some files could not be found or are either corrupted. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

burn it again at a slower speed
  3. fckinfamous

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    do you think i can manually take the files out of the cd and put them on a memory stick and boot from the memory sick, cause my laptop allows me to boot from a memory stick.
  4. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

umm..Not sure..never done that.
  5. fckinfamous

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Okay i have another question, lets say i disconnect/format my hard drive from my laptop, does my laptop stop recognizing my hard drive?