Install Cydia packages through SSH?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Retro.Kicks.Ass, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Retro.Kicks.Ass

Retro.Kicks.Ass Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I had a jailbroken 2G with Cydia and all that, worked fine la-di-da-di-da.
    But I wanted verbose boot so I found a computer with 8.0.2 (Is that the one that brings in 3.0 campatibility or is it 8.2?) and tried to shift+restore down to 3.0 for the verbose boot. Anyways I got error 20 when trying tor estore so now I've gotta stay with 3.1.2. So yeah, bummer. I jailbroke with Blackra1n and then realised: "Dammit! No wi-fi for a month!" So I cant get Cydia with blackra1n and cant downgrade to 3.0 and use redsn0w. I have all the .deb files for my old packages and was wondering if I could install them by SSH (total commander).? Is that possible, and where/what directories would I create and place the packages in? I miss being "properly" jailbroken

Please Register or Log in to view images

THIS IS NOT ANOTHER "HOW DO I GET CYDIA WITHOUT WI-FI" THREAD

EDIT:Just curious, when I restored (DFU)(What does that stand for anyway?) I still have my fake carrier string (TyPod, cause my nicknames Ty, and its an iPod, get it?

shush, I think it's cool). How do you get rid of it? I hate the standard Apple font, it sucks

Thanks!!
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Put them in the root directory and type this into a terminal application (I know winscp has one but im not sure about the others)

dpkg -i appname.deb (where appname is the filename of the deb)
  3. Retro.Kicks.Ass

Retro.Kicks.Ass Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Sweet!
    A terminal app on the iPod right?
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Either on the iPod or in an ssh client. Make sure you navigate to the directory where the .deb is in terminal first though