Install cydia manually?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Cjdj3, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Cjdj3

Cjdj3 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi

I want to jailbreak my sis touch 3.1.2 but when I first did with blackrain, I got the blackrain icon and I checked off cydia and rock and clicked install. When the touch restarted, it said rock your phone completing installation then when I went back into the springboard there was no cydia nor rock icons. I asked for help but no solutions. I've tried spotlight search and installing seperatly but no luck so I came to the conclusion I was either gonna have to install cydia manually or jailbreak with Redsnow. 3 questions:

1. Can I install cydia manually without installer?( I can't ssh)

2. If I jailbreak with redsnow can I reboot with blackrain?

3. If I try redsnow, do I check off already pwned?( please give me a guide)

thank you
  2. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First, try installing one at a time
  3. Cjdj3

Cjdj3 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried that
  4. Awesome

Awesome Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well the answer to your first question is no, you can't install it manually without the installer.
  5. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes you can.
    apt.saurik.com/cydia/debs i believe is where to go off the top of my head... Definitely try redsn0w. I think it's much better than blackra1n, geohot definitely rushed that out. redsn0w is more polished. Restore and JB.
  6. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, sorry to hi-jack the thread, but I'll need a way to manually install Cydia.
    After removing Rock from my iPod Touch, the installation from blackra1n installs Cydia but the icon doesn't show up (and yes, I've tried numerous things and nothing solves the problem).
    And I heard that this redsn0w 3.1.3 JB is only for iPod Touch 2G which isn't really going to help me since I've got iPod Touch 3rd gen.

Any ideas? There's no problem now, but I know that I'll eventually need Cydia considering that it's the main app for a jailbroken iTouch.
  7. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^Restore... Same happened to me. The problem is caused by Rock as far as I can tell. The only fix is to do a clean restore, at least if you're in the same boat as I was. My Cydia worked after i restored but as soon as I restored it from the backup it stopped working.
  8. Cjdj3

Cjdj3 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, i kinda cant restore... 3.1.2 stopped signing. can i try redsn0w while it is jailbroken with blackra1n?
  9. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    But if I restore, I'll be stuck on 3.1.3 because AFAIK, you can't jailbreak a 3rd generation 3.1.3 iTouch.
  10. wikkedwicky

wikkedwicky New Member

Device:
    iPod touch