Install camera hardware on Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by srpeters22, Dec 30, 2007.

1. srpeters22

srpeters22 New Member

Hey everyone! I was wondering if any of you more electronic savvy people know if there is a possibility, or a way, to take a phone camera, say a motorola SLVR camera, and install it on the Touch.

From what I have been reading, there have been a few to get the iphone camera app to work, but cannot use it since, obviously, there is no camera.

If anyone knows of the chance of rigging up a camera like this, then please let me know.

If so...then, with a bluetooth adapter, who needs a more expensive AT&T dependent iPhone?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Well, the iPhone isn't AT&T dependent any more, really.

And if you seriously need all these iPhone features, just buy one. Who says you need to purchase service?
  3. TakeAimAtSin

TakeAimAtSin Member

I saw on G4TV's "Attack Of The Show" a concept for an iPod camera connector, that just plugs into the bottom(like the psp camera). They said a actual model should be out by March 2008
  4. srpeters22

srpeters22 New Member

True. It isn't completely dependent, but they sure as heck try to keep it that way, lol. I got an iPod Touch for xmas, and I already jailbroke it. I was very unsure if I would be able to jailbreak it, or the iPhone. After going through the process, now I wish I had just purchased the iPhone and jailbroke it, or as ifuntastic calls it, unshackled it.

Do you know where would be a good place to buy an iPhone? eBay prices are ridiculous for jailbroken ones. I can definitely jailbreak it myself now, so I would rather buy a new one.