Install BSD sub.s. Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by m26k9, Nov 16, 2007.

1. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

Hey guys..

I'm in quite a diabolical situation and would really appreciate you guys opinion...
    I got my iPot for a very specific set of functions.. namely web browsing, movies, dictionary, calender and to do.. I like to keep it very minimally installed of apps.. well.. because less installations, less trouble and better performance... as much as I want to install summberboard and pimp up' my iPot I refrain from doing it...

Now my problem is I want to install Apollo.. and it needs BSD subsystem... compared other apps BSD Sub.s is quite a large app and seems heavy... the problem is, I can live without having Apollo in my iPot.. although it comes in handy at very few occasions...

I want to know from you guys is it really worth installing the BSD for Apollo which I will be using very infrequently... why I'm so bothered about this is becasue I seem to have a bad battery... it goes from fully charged to 20% remaining warning in 2 hours and 38 minutes of movie playing... I guess thats a bit below par... so I'm really worried if installing BSD will make it much worse.. like whether the BSD will run some background processes at startup even I dont use Apollo...

So I greatly value you guys opinion on this.. excuse me for the long post..
    Thank you guys...
  2. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

try this I couldn't get it to work but i was just messing around may help this
    was posted by a memeber take a look

3. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

Thanks bro...
    will try that out....

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    you're better off with a web-based im client because the apollo project has been closed so there won't be anymore updates to it and the other native client, mobile chat, has some crashing issues that need to be worked out.

As for your battery issue, make sure you have ssh turned off, it's a big battery drain and could be the cause of your low battery life. I, personally, noticed that upon upgrading to 1.1.2 my battery life improved...but I don't know if the improvement has anything to do with the upgrade or with something i might be doing differently.