Install apps no dev account

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by palz, May 14, 2010.

1. palz

palz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't have a dev account, but I do have a mac. I made some sample apps and would like to install them without a dev account.

Can I spoof a provisioning profile or something?
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    see if you can find something on cydia that will install apps that you place manually in its app folder. if you find one though, don't mention it's name here. just to be safe you know?
  3. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    @OP: Would you PLEASE search a little? Honestly, half of the threads here have something to to with your question.

----

Anyway, if your device is jailbroken, there are several ways. What I do is patch the SDK configuration files to get rid of Xcode's provisioning profile requirement (I can't exactly remember how I did it, but it's possible). Then, I create a fake certificate with the Keychain utility and tell Xcode to use it.
  4. Cokegod

Cokegod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Here is what I did and it is working for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

First have your device jailbroken, now use this guide, but after the part that you change the "Any iPhone OS Device" to "Don't Code Sign", just stop following this guide.
    Then all you have to do is to open XCode, connect your device, in the window of XCode that will pop, press on the "Define this device as a development device" button (It's something like this) and then on your app window on XCode change the Active SDK from Simulator to Device.
    Then all you have to do is to Build and Run! Now your app is installed on your device

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. palz

palz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nice to know, guys. But do I have to be jailbroken to do this??
  6. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Totally, an not jailbroken iDevice won't run any code that's not properly signed.
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Offtopic: There are enterprise tools that you can install onto any computer, even Windows, that will allow you to install properly created and signed applications onto your device. Check the Apple site, because it is an Apple tool.

Ontopic: Just spend the money. It's not a lot of money and will let you put whatever you want onto your device as often as you want.
  8. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    AFAIK, iTunes is perfectly fine for this; you don't need to use the enterprise tools unless you really need to tweak something.
  9. Cokegod

Cokegod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    100$ is not a lot of money? well maybe for you, I would not like to waist 100$ for features I don't need (like submitting apps for the app store).
  10. palz

palz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I already use iPhone config utility on windows, for config profiles and such.