[Inquiry] Respring causes blank bookmarks to appear

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Fehr, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Recently, I've been experiencing problems every time I respring my 1G iPoT. Each respring causes "bookmarks" to appear on my springboard. These bookmarks do not have labels, and therefore resemble blank applications. When I open the bookmarks, it opens safari to somebody's webpage, which I won't name, since I'll probably get infracted for posting links to bad webpages...

Using the wiggle function, I delete the wiggle function in vain. Every time I respring or reboot, the bookmarks reappear.

I have restored, but the bookmarks still appear.

Any suggestions? I will supply the URL if anyone asks.
  2. dudemanbra123

dudemanbra123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's because you installed the Blackberry theme, the one that loads the time onto the springboard. It installs 4 blank's that don't go away unless you un-install the theme or delete the blanks from your webclips folder via SSH.

The folder will probably be /var/mobile/WebClips/
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is a permissions error, so run the following:
    Code:
    chown -hR mobile /var/mobile/

4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

The WebClips are installed at 755 at root:mobile, and need to be either 755 at mobile:mobile or 775/777 at root:mobile to delete them.

So, changing ownership to mobile (chown -R mobile /var/mobile/Library) or changing permissions to 775/777 (chmod -R 775/777 /var/mobile/Library) will work.