Info: When the 2G Jailbreak is Coming

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Joe Rossignol, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    SUMMARY: There is no 2G jailbreak yet and it's not going to be released during this month, or even next month at least!

When?

According to King Chronic/Chronic Dev, not during this month and likely not the next month either. To be honest, they don't really know because it's a work in progress. Trust me, if they have any sort of release date or some kind of estimate - the first place you'll find it is at http://www.chronic-dev.org/blog

Why?

The 2G Jailbreak is taking this long because of a new processor. I can go much more specific here, but it's on the technical side which the majority of users won't fully understand (including me).

Where?

If and when a 2G jailbreak is released you'll find it at http://www.chronic-dev.org/blog

Who?

Chronic Dev are the ones working on/developing a 2G jailbreak method. The user King Chronic here at iPod touch Fans is a member of Chronic Dev. One member of the team is named Will. These guys are not associated with the iPhone Dev Team.

What?

Jailbreaking allows you to customize/modify your iPod touch - in the most briefest terms.

How?

If a 2G jailbreak is released, it'll likely be similar to a user-friendly tool like QuickPwn which is used to jailbreak the 1G. For most, it'll be very simple and straight forward.
  2. snoopwong

snoopwong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Great thread that answer many people's question

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Excellent thread; hopefully it will reduce the number of people asking for a jailbreak.
  4. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Nice thread but I don't think the newbies will notice it.
  5. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if they don't notice either this thread or the flashing red text at the top then something is seriously wrong with them

, nice thread.
  6. snoopwong

snoopwong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why will they brother to click on this thread if they cant even brother to look up to those blinking red text

No offense to Kiks52, the thread is still great
  7. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

I often wonder do the vast majority of people want to jailbreak their devices for the sole purpose of "free games" or the oft mentioned reason of themes.
  8. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I can inform you that the processor runs at 532MHz (ish) and is n72ap (I think) and basically the reason Quickpwn related things dont work is because the exploit isnt there anymore, and therefore, they need to find one. If you watched the "How the iPhone was hacked" video, you'll see that they had to break the "Chain of Trust" which is th signature checks by each part of the boot process (LLB, Bootrom and so on.) The way they did this was by DFU'ing which is the earliest in the boot sequence possible, and then flash custom firmware to the NAND. So the only way that is concievable is actually to have a WinPwn sort of hack, where they restore with a custom firmware. But this ability has been patched to a certain degree with iTunes 8 (and over) to the extent that only "Pre-Pwned" Devices (Already pwned before restoring with iTunes) will work, but in this case you can't Pwn the firmware in the first place.

So good look to King Chronic and his dudes, but I doubt that this Jailbreak will be any time soon. However, they did decrypt the whole filesystem and the firmware keys, so at least they are getting somewhere.

Over and out
  9. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Useful thread. Now we have something to direct the uninformed to.
  10. Chriscyco30

Chriscyco30 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.