[Info] MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPod touch in the Enterprise' started by Joe Rossignol, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    MobileMe

The long awaited successor to .Mac technology, MobileMe keeps all of your information in sync, through web servers. Commonly referred to as the "cloud" of information, MobileMe keeps your devices in sync - whether you be using a Mac, PC, iPhone or iPod touch. Staying in sync is as simple, and quick, as heading to Me.com and using your MobileMe account to login.

Anyone with a .Mac membership has been upgraded to a MobileMe account, at no extra charge.

• Individual MobileMe Account
      • $99/Year
      • 20GB of File Storage
      • 200GB of Data Transfer
    • Family MobileMe Accounts
      • $149/Year
      • 1 Account with 20GB of File Storage
      • 4 Additional Accounts with 5GB of File Storage
      • 200GB of Data Transfer
    Any MobileMe account includes a youremail@me.com email address.

MobileMe - Mac:

• Syncs any changes made in iCal or Address Book every 15 minutes.
    • Sync emails, contacts, calendars and bookmarks Mac-to-Mac.
    • Upload photo albums to MobileMe, where family members can add photos to the album. When photos are added, they're synced to your Mac.
    • Upload movies using iMovie.
    • Create custom websites with MobileMe & iWeb.
    • Upload files using iDisk and when on-the-go, view them at Me.com.
    MobileMe - PC:

• Compatible both with Windows XP (SP2) and Windows Vista.
    • Sync email with Outlook and/or Outlook Express.
    • Sync any changes in contacts using Windows Contacts.
    • Sync bookmarks from Internet Explorer or Safari.
    • Sync from PC-to-PC or PC-to-Mac.
    • Upload files using iDisk and when on-the-go, view them at Me.com.
    MobileMe - iPhone/iPod Touch:

• Any changes of contacts or calendars made are updated on Me.com and synced to Mac/PC.
    • Any new email messages are pushed straight to your iPhone or iPod touch, within seconds. If you read or delete an email on your iPhone or iPod touch, the changes are synced back to Me.com and your Mac/PC.
    • Take photos using iPhone's camera, and sync them to your photo galleries on Me.com.
  2. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

"Long awaited suppressor"? I think you meant successor...

Please Register or Log in to view images

But, anyway, great collection of info on MobileMe. Nice work. I love the service, despite its bumpy roll-out. I never felt like .Mac was worth it, but I jumped on MM. Push contacts, email, and calendars work great, and I love having my iPhone, Mac, and work PC in sync.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, and after the bumpy rollout, they had to change every part of their text to remove the word "push".
  4. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

only with respect to your mac/pc > the cloud. still a great service and worth the $99. maybe not if you don't have a career in which you use your computer and iphone/touch for work, i guess. i really like MM.
  5. iPod.Touch

iPod.Touch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i think it's pointless...

why would you want that?

Espessially if you own an iPod!

And you can just sync with itunes...easy and free

6. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

you honestly couldn't be more wrong on both accounts. if you are in business or college, mobileme is an invaluable resource.

and the touch is a world-class pda. until i got my iPhone, i used my touch extensively for my business.

why would you want it? well, picture yourself in Chicago, at a conference where you are meeting dozens of new contacts a day and all you have is your Touch/iPhone. You enter these contacts, and they are instantly pushed to the cloud and then synced to your mac at work. your co-workers can instantly start entering them into your database. or what if you loose your iphone? no worries, all your sensitive and valuable data has been pushed to the cloud. what if you had an important meeting or a final that you entered into your mac, but forgot to sync your touch to itunes. you head out for the day, checking your schedule, think all is fine and dandy until you get a call from your boss that you lost an account because you failed to show up for a meeting.

honestly, i could go on all day with extremely practical day-to-day uses. in fact, this kind of service is relied upon throughout nearly every business and enterprise the world over- it's called M$ Exchange. Now we have a pretty version

And its a hell of a lot cheaper than Exchange.

but, if your a teenager in high school, i can see why it might not be that useful to you. but if you are the kind of kid that needs tools to help stay organized, mm is a great choice.
  7. Joe Rossignol

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Good points