[Info] CyDelete -- Please know the truth.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gojohnnyboi, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Some of you saw QuikDel, the first beta of what is now CyDelete. No, Dustin didn't rip off my project, we are partners! I too am part of the CyDelete project. I am who originally implemented the design, and he was the one who set up for linking against apt libraries, and made the current version, which made everything faster.

Yes, I'm disappointed in the lack of credit I'm receiving for this, but he really did do half or more of the work in making this happen. I will be updating and making a newer, more advanced version with Dustin on 3.0 that will allow for queued uninstalling and such.
  2. pedroh96

pedroh96 New Member

Yeah, gojohnnyboi. Here is pH,

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know that you was working hard on it. You sent it to me many time ago and it was as coolest as DHowett's version.

I'll talk with DHowett.

Bye
  3. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay...I'm not sure why this thread was really necessary. Why don't you just talk to Dustin and tell him to credit you on the Cydia page?
  4. gojohnnyboi

That's not the point. You don't know what it's like, honestly, to get raped with over 50 emails a day or more asking you about a program that they thought you made.
  5. GrooveMachine

Device:
    iPod touch
    Still, this problem could've been fixed by talking to Dustin or the source manager and having them edit the description. And if you're getting "raped with over 50 emails a day", you may be advertising your projects just a little too much.
  6. gojohnnyboi

It's called a website, kid. My email is on there for support, as is it on Cydia for support there too. You handle things your way, i'll handle them my way.
  7. GrooveMachine

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know what a website is, seeing as mine is ranked 4,920,923 slots higher than yours in traffic. Also, I'm not sure why you're calling me "kid", as I'm older than you. And if handling things "your way" is posting them publicly on a forum to gain publicity instead of fixing the problem at the source, then I think you need a new way of handling things.
  8. gojohnnyboi

Well, let's see... my website has been up for maybe a week now. So yeah, good job I suppose... you've really gained a lot. Let's keep things civil, although you've already ruined the thread.
  9. GrooveMachine

Device:
    iPod touch
    I haven't ruined the thread, I've given you a logical suggestion as to what to do about your problem. What more do you want? Maybe, if everyone is finding your contact info through your website, you should make a post on your website about this instead of on a forum. Just saying. And who's not being civil here?
  10. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    He's ruined the thread? Are you sure?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.