iOS 4.1 INFO - Backgrounder installed on 4.1

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by zerocool5878, Oct 21, 2010.

1. zerocool5878

zerocool5878 New Member

OK this is ONLY confirmed on iPhone 4 but I suspect the results would be the same on iPod Touch 4

Jailbroken with either jailbreak results are the same.

With Background installed:
    Close phone app in app switcher. Push sleep button and wait 2 minutes. Now attempt to facetime the iPhone 4 from an Ipod Touch OR FT app for Mac Beta.
    The phone will not ring. Somehow backgrounder messes up the push in facetime.
    ** It will still push from iphone to iphone AND if the app is open in appswitcher.

without Backgrounder installed:
    The issue goes away and FT push is restored.

If you test other combinations such as ipod to ipod, ect please post to add to the info.
  2. zerocool5878

zerocool5878 New Member

We have to have people running backgrounder on iPod Touch 4 can we get some feedback on this issue please?
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Backgrounder and ios4.1 problem with maps

Installed backgrounder on my 3GS running iOS 4.1. Basically worked, except the maps app was unable to retrieve maps (I got the blue dot on a grid). Uninstalling backgrounder solved the problem.
  4. Hurr Durr

Hurr Durr Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why do you want backgrounder when Apples version is becoming more universal?
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I use backgrounder because it allows control over what multitasks. Also, I can make apps that don't multitask and I can choose what type of multitasking I want. I hate having everything runnning. I only want some stuff to run.