Infinite ring?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bl1tzkrieg, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well i just jailbroke my friends iPod touch running 3.1.2 with spirit. And then i tried downloading something from cydia (Five icon dock) Then after the download, the "Reload SpringBoard" Comes up at the bottom. I clicked it, and now the iPod has that spinning circle in the middle and it won't stop..
    I've tried to restore, but I would have to go to the latest firmware (4.0) I have tried turning the device off, but my friend called me and told me the lock button doesn't work.. Are there any ways to keep the 3.1.2 software, and fix this at the same time?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. MrFanForced

MrFanForced Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I was going to say try a soft reboot by holding down the lock and home buttons. But if the lock button doesn't work theres nothing you can do unless ssh is on but that would take a bit of work >.<

This happened to me but my lock button worked.
  3. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I didn't get to install OpenSSH D; Is there a way to still SSH into the device without OpenSSH and af2(don't know what it's called) xD
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    search for your 3.1.2 ipsw it can restore to that without any problem, i Have a thread on this, if it does not work I will get back to you.

PLug ipod in itunes, Shift+ restore on the button then go search for the iPod2_3_1_2.....some toher stuff... .ipsw
  5. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^^Already tried that. First thing in fact (I have your thread bookmarked) and it gave me that whole "This iPod "Name here" Cannot be restored unknown error 3194 has occured
  6. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    3194. Try 3.1.3 then, it happens sometimes, and also make sure your itunes is 9.2!!! There is a patch that can JB spirit for that.
  7. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have itunes 9.2.0.61 If i am not mistaken. I have the patched folder for spirit. And i just started the restore to 3.1.3 and it gave me the same error msg