Infinite reset loop at apple screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by keozen, Mar 7, 2008.

1. keozen

keozen New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Ok, I don't know what I've done but here we go.

I had my ipod jailbroken at 1.1.2 all ok and it was working all fine and happy, had a few apps on (summerboard, books, that's about it) and then decided "Why not, let's try going for 1.1.3, I want wiggly icons damnit"

So, I go to installer and see the 1.1.3 upgrade one from touchdev. i install it, and run the update app that it adds, it takes forever to download 1.1.3 from apple then starts doing it's stuff. I walk away from it for a while to get something to eat. When i get back it's at the apple logo.

It then flashes off and re-resets to the apple screen again after around 12 seconds, it then does it again and again and again around 12 secs inbetween each.

I can't get it to a restore screen by holding down the home & sleep as usual, and I can only turn the thing off by holding down the two of those for a while (it usually resets during that time but still goes off after a bit).

Any suggestions? I'm at work at the moment so I can't check to see if I can get in with cyberduck yet, would that even be possible if it's not getting as far as picking up my wireless network?
  2. CoolMe

CoolMe New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Sounds like it didnt fully do the soft upgrade, Restore back to 1.1.1 and jailbreak and go to 1.1.2 jailbreak that.

Then look at ZiPhone - It jailbreaks it fully as far as I know - I've even done 1.1.4 on it!

Soft Upgrades in my eyes are crappy